Canadian Family Sponsorship

Chances for Canada Family Sponsorship, On the off chance that you are a Canadian native or a permanent occupant of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain relatives to end up becoming Canadian permanent inhabitants. On the off chance that you become a permanent occupant, you can live, study and work in Canada. In the event that you sponsor a family member to come to Canada as a permanent inhabitant, you are in charge of supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.

Essential requirements for family sponsorship:

To be a sponsor:

  • You must be 18 years old or older.
  • You and the sponsored family member must sign to a sponsorship arrangement that commits you to provide financial support to your relative, if important. This assertion likewise says the individual becoming a permanent occupant will make every effort to support her or himself.
  • You must give financial support to a life partner, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they turn to a permanent inhabitant.
  • You must give financial support to a dependent kid for ten (10) years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.

People interested in applying under the Canadian Family Sponsorship or Family Class sponsorship classification may get an appraisal of their eligibility by completing our Free Online Evaluation

You can support:

  1. Spouse – (limitations apply)
  2. Common Law partner – (limitations apply)
  3. Conjugal partner – (limitations apply)
  4. Dependent children
  5. Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
  6. Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
  7. Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years old and not wedded or in a common law relationship
  8. Another relative of all ages or relationship yet just under specific conditions
  9. Accompanying relatives of the above (for instance, spouse, partner and dependent kids).


 You’re a spouse in the event that you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legitimately valid.

Common law partner

You’re a common law partner, either of the other sex or same sex, in the event that you have been living together in a marital relationship for no less than one year in a continuous 12-month time span that was not interrupted. You will need evidence that you and your common law partner have combined your relationships and set up a family.

Conjugal Partner

 This classification is for partners, both of the opposite sex or same sex, in extraordinary conditions outside their ability to control that keep them from living together and in this way can’t qualifying as common law partner or spouse.

Dependent Children

A son or little girl is dependent when he/she is:

  • Less than 19 years old and does not have a spouse or common law partner.
  • Beyond 19 years old and depended generously on the monetary support of a parent since before the age of 19 as a result of a physical or mental condition.

Sponsorship Obligations:

All sponsors are required to sign an undertaking to furnish the sponsored individual with the fundamental requirements from the day they enter Canada until the term of the undertaking ends. The undertaking is an agreement between the sponsor(s) and CIC that the sponsor will compensate the government for any social help payments made to the sponsored individual. Sponsor remain committed to the undertaking agreement for the whole period of the agreement, even in a change of conditions, for example, conjugal breakdown, separation, divorce, or a money related change in conditions.

On account of a spouse, common law partner or matrimonial partner, a sponsor is required to sign an undertaking to repay the federal or regional governments from the date in which they become a permanent occupant for the time of 3 years.

On account of a child less than 19 years old years, of the sponsor or the spouse, common law partner, or marital partner, the commitment begins on the day that the child turns into a permanent inhabitant of Canada for the period of 10 years or until the child achieves the age of 25 years, whichever is prior.

On account of a dependent child beyond the 19 years old, of the sponsor or the spouse, common law partner, or matrimonial partner, the commitment commences on the day that the dependent child turns to a permanent occupant, for a period of three years.

On account of parents and grandparents, the sponsorship obligation reaches out for a period of 20 years from the date in which the member from the family class turns to a permanent occupant. For all other relatives, the obligation is of a period of 10 years.

The Supreme Court of Canada, in its 2011 judgment of Attorney-General of Canada versus Mavi, the court held that while a sponsor’s commitment to repay the state for benefits collected by his or her relatives can be deferred in a some conditions, it can’t be wiped off the books entirely.

Supports living outside Canada:

Canadian natives living outside of Canada may sponsor their spouse, common law partner, marital partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own, who have not been convicted of an offense bringing about bodily harm, given that they can show that they will dwell in Canada after their sponsored landing(s).

Permanent inhabitants dwelling abroad may not sponsor their family from outside Canada. Moreover, a spouse or common law partner in Canada may just file an in-Canada application to sponsor their life partner or common law partner in the event that they are living together in Canada; generally, the application must be documented through a visa office. These are zones which offer rise to different complexities and difficulties for sponsors.

Sponsors and sponsored people in Quebec:

You can sponsor a nearby relative who has not been convicted of a crime creating bodily harm if you’re native or permanent inhabitant living in Quebec, you are no less than 18 years old and you satisfy the requirements.

Sponsored individual (the close relative:)

You can sponsor:

  • Your life partner, common law partner or marital partner
  • Your dependent kid
  • Your father, mother, granddad or grandma – Additional conditions apply
  • Your stranded sibling, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who is less than 18 years old, and not wedded or in a common law relationship
  • A kid you plan to adopt (global adoption).

People interested in applying under the Family Class sponsorship classification may acquire an appraisal of their eligibility by filling our Free Online Evaluation.